“FASHION COMMUNICATION: BETWEEN TRADITION AND FUTURE DIGITAL DEVELOPMENT. II EDITION”
School of Communication Universidad de Navarra (Pamplona, Spain)
June, 28 – July 1, 2021
Teresa Sádaba, ISEM Fashion Business School (Madrid, Spain)
Marta Torregrosa, ISEM Fashion Business School (Madrid, Spain)
Lorenzo Cantoni, USI – Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland)
Francesca Cominelli, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris, France)
Nadzeya Kalbaska, USI – Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland)
Hosted by the University of Navarra, the Conference “Fashion communication: between tradition and future digital developments” is a major academic event, which aims to promote theoretical and empirical interdisciplinary work on how various communication practices impact upon fashion industry and on societal fashion-related practices and values. In particular, the relation between tradition and innovation, as well as the impact of new technologies, digital communication and the internet will be under scrutiny.
Fashion Communication: Proceedings of the FACTUM 21 Conference, Pamplona, Spain, 2021. Springer
Editors: Kalbaska, N., Sádaba, T., Cominelli, F., Cantoni, L., & Torregrossa, M. (Eds)
Full papers are required no later than January 30th 2021
Notification of acceptance will be provided by February 28th 2021
Final papers should be submitted by 26 March 2021
Main goals of the Conference:
- to consolidate Fashion Communication as an academic field
- to establish and consolidate an international and interdisciplinary network of scholars in the field of Fashion Communication
- to share methodological approaches
- to expand the dialogue between communications studies, heritage studies and Fashion-related disciplines
- to support junior researchers
Topics of interest
The major topics of interest focus on communication aspects in the Fashion domain and also reflect key research topic emerged in the previous Factum 2019. They include but are not limited to:
- Communication of sustainability and ethical issues in Fashion
- Corporate communication in the fashion domain
- Digital Fashion Communication (e.g. digital media channels, blogging, User Generated Contents, online reputation)
- Fashion brands and communication with consumers
- Fashion communication in the retail environment
- Fashion shows as a communication object
- Intangible Cultural Heritage dimension of Fashion
- Intercultural Communication in Fashion
- Media in Fashion
- Visual communication in Fashion
Call for Papers
Download pdf version of the call for papers
- Full Papers, presenting a major original contribution, up to 12 pages in length (reference pages and appendices included).
- Research Notes, presenting an in-progress research (e.g.: by a PhD candidate), up to 5 pages in length (reference pages and appendices included).
All papers should be formatted according to the provided template (please follow the reference style MathPhySci) available here.
Accepted papers (both full papers and research notes) will be published in a Proceedings volume by Springer.
Go on Easy Chair Platform to submit your paper. All papers will be double-blind peer-reviewed by experienced researchers who are members of the scientific review committee. To ensure blind-review process, please, keep your submission anonymous. Final acceptance will depend on whether the author(s) can adequately address review comments to the satisfaction of the reviewers.
Know more about the Conference by visiting the last edition FACTUM website in Ascona, Switzerland.
María del Rocío Elizaga Puig
Editor’s assistant FACTUM21